Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Winter Edition


My favorite blog, Young House Love, and few of their friends came up with a Pinterest Challenge. The goal is to stop pining and start doing! Check out their blog to see what Sherry and John came up with. 

Life is busy so I didn't have a ton of time to do a big project like I would have wanted but I did come up with one little project and made one of the recipes I have pinned. Today I will share the recipe and tomorrow the project I made. 

So here goes!
A few weeks back I pinned this Crockpot Chicken Taco Recipe from Chocolate Therapy. 
I also pinned the Best Taco Seasoning Recipe Ever from What's That Smell.

The recipe calls for Taco Seasonings so I mixed that up first. 
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

2 tbsp of taco seasoning for 1lb of meat
(double or triple the recipe so you have it the next time you need it!)


Done!! It is delicious with a bit of a kick to it!

Now unto making the Crockpot Chicken Tacos Over Rice
(for the original recipe click the link at the top of the post)
Three Chicken Breasts

Put enough salsa to cover the chicken then a little extra on top. On this container I used 2/3 of the salsa. I then put on about 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning. 

Should look like this, then let sit on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.

Should look like this when you are done. Then shred the chicken using two forks. If the chicken is done the chicken will fall apart. 

The first meal we made rice and put the chicken over rice! YUM! So flavorful!

Now what to do with the leftovers? 
We loved the meal so much that we wanted it again for dinner the next night. By lunchtime we were craving the chicken again so I made quesadillas. I used white cheddar cheese, mild cheddar cheese, the chicken leftovers, tortilla shells and some fresh salsa. 

The quesadillas were just as much of a hit as the chicken was over rice! 

We highly recommend this meal!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment