Sunday, March 11, 2012

OH: Week Eight

Organize Your Home: Week 8
Create a Simple Address Book and Organize Contact Information

This week's challenge was originally completed last winter. I was unsatisfied with my current address book system. I knew that in a short amount of time I was getting a new cellphone with a new provider and would need to put in manually all my current phone numbers. With these two things in mind I began organizing and creating an address book.


This is how it looked at the beginning of the week.
Before:
Everything was falling out and numerous addresses were whited out and new address written in.

Instead of using the blank spaces I left for such situations.. I wrote new people and their contact information on post-its. 

Steps I completed for this week's challenge:
1. Evaluate current system. What did I like, what did I want to change?
2. Update the addresses and phone numbers.
3. Reprint!
4. Put back together.
5. Enjoy a [re]organized and simpler way to get in contact with family.

After:
Newly updated address list, in ABC order!

A phone number list (already created).

A Christmas card list for the next few years (already created, just updated).

A Birthday and Anniversary List (already created).

Birthday, anniversary labels and stamps in the back. 

One step closer to a organized home! 



No comments:

Post a Comment