Saturday, August 20, 2011

Guess who got a big girl job?


I DID!

Many of you may already know this but just in case..



I got a JOB!


I never thought I'd be in the position where I wasn't teaching in a school after graduation. I have watched as my friends have been getting jobs and I kept praying my time was around the corner. It was not to be.


Grand Rapids is not hiring too many teachers so my search went beyond the typical teaching positions that you think of and I applied to Champions. 


According to the site Champions offers innovative before and after school extended day programs. Options for kids include five mind-expanding activity areas and a quiet area that enables students to read and complete homework. 


On a whim I applied and within a week I had a phone interview and two weeks later a face to face interview. A week later I was offered a position and a week after that a promotion that included a $2.50 pay raise and more hours! 


I will be the Site Director at a school in Wyoming, MI which is twenty minutes from our apartment. I will be teaching Kindergarten and directing the before and after school program. I will be managing the teachers and teacher's assistants. 


It is not the teaching job I imagined having but it is a start! I will be working with the Principal, School Board and parents so that is getting my foot in the door! 


I attend training in Westland, MI (near Detroit) in nine days and began work after Labor Day!

Counting my blessings at this wonderful time in my life! GOD IS GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment