Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Break

Happy President's Day!


My school doesn't have a Spring Break but instead will take a random day off here and there for some extended weekends. This was our President's Break. I've been off of school since Wednesday at 12pm so I've had quite a long weekend. 


Day 1 was great! Ben worked so I had no distractions. I woke up early cleaned, filled out a large portion of a substitute teaching application, full-time teaching application and a job at the zoo for this summer, I organized paperwork, went through piles of papers, and crossed items off my to do list that I didn't plan on doing until summer! It felt great!! 


Day 2... Ben worked all day again... I was lonely. I had no motivation and was in desperate need of some people interaction. Thankfully my friend Ashely called and I chatted with her for a long time and even went for a "walk" with her (talked on the phone while both going for a walk..lol). I was missing home a lot this day and missing my friends. 


Day 3... Ben was home! Having him home was so wonderful and we spent the next three days together because he had off for President's Day too! I spent almost the entire day reading (Because of Winn-Dixie, Matilda and A Million Little Pieces), playing Sims 2, and napping. 


Day 4 and 5 consisted of hours of laziness followed by more hours of productivity. The apartment is cleaner than ever and our belongings are more organized than they have ever been before. I also make a ton of birthday cards to get me through the rest of the school year. 


Overall the break was pretty wonderful. I am still missing my family and friends a lot but my parents are visiting in a month so I have that to look forward too! Then we will be back in Michigan in August! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a relaxing break :) We miss you guys too and I'm definitely crossing off the months on my calender, haha.

    Love you both insanely much!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete