Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wedding Week: Reception, Part I


After the beach photos were complete, the bridal party headed to Marquette Mountain for the Reception. By this time the rain that had come down earlier was long gone and the sun and heat had begun to take over. 

Some fun facts about our reception:
1. We were surprised to see two ice sculptures near the food. We had no idea that they would be there and weren't quite sure what they were suppose to be, haha. 
2. I created a kid's table so the kids would not get bored and it was barely touched. I wasn't upset though because that just meant they were either out on the dance floor or playing with their new friends! :) Yeah!
3. Even though I was part of the planning team of the garter retrieval super secret plan, I had NO clue what Ben was going to pull out. The photos show my genuine surprise! 

Mr. and Mrs. 

Upon arriving we spent a few minutes mingling with everyone. 

It was nice to see so many people have traveled so far to celebrate with us!

The BHJs!
Bruce and Joanne Hannink
Ben and Jessica Hannink
They came all the way from California for our wedding!

 After mingling we sat down for a delicious meal!
Enjoying our first meal together as husband and wife.

YEAH!

Going in for a..... 

KISS!!!

My beautiful sisters adding a little fun to our dinner!

The handsome men who we love so very much!

After dinner our bridal party provided us with advice, shared memories, and toasted to our happiness.

After quickly eating we headed to the dance floor!
                                           
Our song didn't start right away so we improvised!

Our first dance as husband and wife.

Michael Buble, "Hold On"

Our bridal party joined us!

My parents looked on with tears in their eyes!

Ben danced with his mom!

Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Simple Man"

I danced with my daddy!

Steven Curtis Chapman, "Cinderella"

Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms

Then we played the song by Five For Fighting, "100 Years." All married couples got on the dance floor and the DJ called off all couples who had been married a day, month, year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, etc. until only one couple was left. 
Uncle Bob and Aunty Sandy were the last ones standing!

The newest bride and groom hugging the ones with the most experience! 

We didn't want to keep our guests from dessert so we dove in shortly after the first few dances.
Ben doesn't like cake so we opted for strawberry short cake!
We frosted one shortcake to use as a cake to cut then enjoyed strawberry short cake!
Ben picked out the cake topper! 

Cutting the cake to Cake, "Love You Madly"
Ben picked out that song! :) How perfect!

I was so worried Ben would smash it in my face and ruin my make-up! 

We prepared for battle...

Going in for the hit.... 

But we were both nice...

The damage!

Time for the bouquet toss!

Now that is some intense tossing!

My cousin Mikayla caught it!!! 

 Now time for one of my favorite parts of our wedding...
retrieving the garter!
First I tried to convince Ben to come over by me but he wouldn't. 
His groomsmen all pushed him towards me.

Thanks for getting him to me boys!

Oh la la

Wait? Where are you going?

WHAT? That isn't my garter? That is a flower!

Now what are you doing?

AH! It is a baster! (family joke! haha)

This is too funny!

You've got to be kidding! Goggles?

Good thing Ben put the goggles on, Never know what will come out next.
A frisbee? Ben's favorite sport!

Oh, could this be it?

YEAH!! Ben found my garter!!!

 Time to toss the garter to all the unsuspecting males....
Ben in the ready position.

Mom helping make Ben super dizzy!

The boys were so excited!
Taj caught the garter!

Taj and Mikayla took to the dance floor to celebrate their win! 

One year ago today our family was arriving and our wedding weekend had officially begun. Read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment