Thursday, June 30, 2011

DIY: Gift Card

For a long time I've wanted to include some Do-It-Yourself projects or in other words.. craft projects that I do that are simple and fun for YOU to try! 

Ben and I are currently working on some fun projects, some for our new apartment and another for a special 2nd birthday party coming up. I've been taking pictures of these projects and can't wait to share them with you as we finish them up! 

We'll start today with a crafty project that I did for our anniversary. A gift card is a card that holds gifts!! 

Here is a look at the finished project and then I will go into the steps on how I made this fun card.

Take a look at the front of the card in the picture below. 


The card folds up like an accordian.

The best part of this project is that you are likely to have everything you need at home RIGHT NOW!

This project is made using a super secret supply..

ENVELOPES!!

Here is another look..

This is the front of the card. 

I opened the envelopes and taped down the flap to the envelope directly on top of it.
By doing this you create pockets. 

This is what the back will look like. It doesn't matter that you can see the flaps because you can cover it up with paper later. 

I then began cutting out decorative paper and taping it to the card. 
Some parts were tricky, I needed to create a template to help cut the paper for the inside and outside of the pockets. 
I used an envelope and cut it up. 
The top part was used as a template on paper that was put at the entrance of the pocket and the lower part was used for the bottom of the envelope. 

 I traced the template on decorative paper, cut it out and glued it on.

Then comes the fun part, use ribbons, paper, stickers, etc. to create an interactive card.
You can make this card as long as you'd like by just adding or subtracting envelopes. 
Then fill the pockets with whatever you'd like; a gift card, note, homemade coupons, etc.
In the spirit of our first wedding anniversary I did a Mad Libs like the ones we had at our reception.


I wish I could take the credit for this idea but I found the idea on the internet.
Click here to see where my inspiration was found!


No comments:

Post a Comment