Sunday, March 20, 2011

Summer Job!!!

I have been holding out on some pretty exciting news. 


I applied to work at our local Zoo which is located about a mile away from our apartment. I applied for a Team Member position and was not only asked to meet up for an interview but I was also asked if I was interested in a Team Leader role. After the first interview I was feeling pretty positive and was anxious to hear what would happen. 


I received a phone call a few days later offering me the job! I start next weekend and am very anxious. Because of the supervisor position I will be earning more but also working more; 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week - including weekends. The downfall is I only get three days off and I need that and more for Alyssa and Bill's wedding. So there goes any other summer plans we had but a job is a job and I couldn't be happier. Ben is trying to rework his schedule a bit so we can have one day off together which will be wonderful. We can live off solely off of Ben's income so my earnings will go straight into savings and as  "future classroom" fund! 


Now... if I could only get a teaching position! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Congratulations dear! We are so happy for you guys. Even though things will be rough for awhile remember what you're working towards. It won't be like this forever :) Love you both! Doing a happy dance for you!!!

    ReplyDelete