Monday, October 8, 2012

Bump Update Weeks 5-10

Now that we've shared our good news it is time to show you how we have been documenting the growth of our baby throughout the last few months! 

Starting from the day we found out we were going to be parents to Week 10! 

I am trying to journal my experience so I pulled some of my thoughts from there to share with you.

I had a hunch I was pregnant before taking a test but after a few months of negative tests I was going to wait to make sure there really was a good chance I was pregnant. 

August 4, 2012 - 8:00am
I took the pregnancy test and hid it behind the shower curtain. Ben and I spent a few minutes relaxing in bed before we both got up to check the test. "We pulled back the shower curtain and saw very clearly one line (not pregnant) and Ben said with a sigh, “good.” Then I said “wait” and grabbed it. We then noticed a very faint second line (pregnant!). I can’t remember exactly what happened next, in what order but Ben high fived me and said “good job” and I believe I said “oh my gosh" a lot.  Afterwards Ben hugged me and I said, “You’re going to be a daddy.”


After showering, eating breakfast and a lot of processing we decided to do a little photo shoot! 

(click on any photo to enlarge it)


Pregnant!! 




I spent some time at babycenter.com and thebump.com during that first morning and found out our baby's due date. Our baby will come when he/she is ready but it is nice to see the date when baby is "fully cooked!"

I was 5 weeks 2 days pregnant when I got the positive results. 

Week 5
Baby is the size of a lentil.



 Week 6
Daddy and Baby





Week 7
Not a baby bump.. totally just bloat but it was still exciting! 




Baby is the size of a blueberry!

Week 8 
My little raspberry baby.


Bloat starting to go away! Still had major bloating though!




Week 9
Just some of my cravings in the middle of my 1st trimester.





Week 10


Today baby is 10 weeks old and has completed the most crucial stage and is now considered a fetus. 25% of the way to a full grown baby!



Next post I will share Weeks 11-14 the rest of the first trimester! 
I can't wait to share how we told our family and friends, the goodies Baby H already has and more about the secrets we've kept for a few months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment