Monday, September 3, 2012

Part 2

Last week I wrote about the closet cleaning/purging that occurred a few weeks ago. Two weeks ago Ben and I made a trip to IKEA. We have a running list of items we want from IKEA and Ben made the decision to start updating our bedroom. I was always in the mindset of... it is the room people don't see so we don't need to do anything to it.. WRONG! It is probably the most important room in our home. It is where you relax in the evening, the last thing you see and the first thing you see in the morning. The bedroom should be a place of relaxation and order. A while back we decided we will eventually turn our bedroom into a sea of greys, purples and white.. but here is the beginning stages of our bedroom redo.

We bought two new night stands for our bedroom. They sat in our office for a good portion of a week until I put them together one night when Ben was working. I rearranged the room, cleaned it and put it all back together before Ben got home!

Just a reminder of what our bedroom looked like..


Before


During
Putting together Ben's surprise! 


I first pulled everything out of the cabinets. There was a lot! Everything found a home except for a pile of Ben's things and our extra comforter. 


We crammed a lot in those cabinets! 


Everything in Ben's drawer. 


My drawer. 


My side is nearing completion! 


Love Love Love! 
Eventually we are getting matching lamps with purple lamp shades for our night stands. 


My tiny little drawer. Fits everything I needed! 


Half way! 


A sneak peak under our bed. Two long totes (filled with guest pillows) and Gregory resides here as well. I think Justin is going to be Gregory's new owner. 


Sneak peak at another bedroom project. Notice anything funny? Any guesses as to what we are doing with our head board? 


Here is a BIG hint! 
Ben's latest woodworking project. 

I got distracted... 

Hours later and here is where I am at with the room.
(pictures taken the next day)




Still trying to find a home for the comforter and cabinet. 
Small changes but that is more than we have done in this room so we are happy! 
It is the start to something great! 

(sorry for the delay in part 2.. school is starting tomorrow and life got crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment