Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 - In Review

On December 31st, 2009, I was in my 1st apartment celebrating the end of a year with my fiancée and friend, Rich. I remember thinking about where I would be the next year.I never thought that on December 31st, 2010 I would be celebrating the end of the year in South Dakota! My family has a tradition that we start a small fire in a container outside and on small slips of paper write the things  that we want to "get rid of" before the start of the next year. This way we can start get the New Year started off on the right foot! It is a tradition that Ben loves too so even though I have not spent New Year's with my family we continue the tradition. 

This year was no exception!



I kept thinking about this past year and how amazing it really was!! 
Here is a look at some of the fun we had this year! (In no particular order!)

We got married!
 We planted our first garden! 
 Aunty Jodi and Aunty Lisa came up for the day to Geocache!
 Justin visited us and the boys spent an afternoon playing games!
 Raena also visited too and went cliff jumping for the first time!
 We went to see Tahquamenon Falls with the Hanninks!
 Said goodbye to my teaching friends that I've spent the last 5 years with!
 Met baby Erin who was born in November!
 Slept over at Grandma Hannink's and made breakfast with the Kruithof's!
 Spent some time hanging out with the DeRuischer's!
 Picked a TON of wild blueberries and bear berries!
 Celebrated Addie's first birthday!
 Took Raena Geocaching and she found her first one!
 Walked the Mackinac Bridge with this crazy crew!
 Ben took up fishing!
We took our friends Geocaching too! 
 Got together with some of my old Breakwater Residents from my year as an RA!
 Watched Mikayla swim in her first swim meet!
And said goodbye to Marquette before saying hello to South Dakota!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. We're so thankful we got to share in many of your highlights :)

    ReplyDelete