Monday, March 29, 2010

NWR (Non-Wedding Related)

I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like so I thought I'd show you why I've been so busy!

Ben and I have been trying to eat healthier and take better care of ourselves. We bought into a Food Co-op and we buy a good chunk of my groceries there every week. We have also been cooking one "almost" organic meal each week. Sometimes we aren't able to be completely organic like when we have to add milk or butter. We had to try out their organic pizza dough - and man is it good!

I've been becoming more involved in classrooms! I've been very busy planning lessons, preparing those lessons and teaching my own lessons!
What an AMAZING experience this has been.
These are some of the third graders that I have been working with for the past few weeks on a unit plan on the Arctic Circle.


Ben and I are starting up a garden! We have a community garden for the on-campus apartments and we are taking advantage of the opportunity to try out our green thumbs.


I still try to find time for friends, which doesn't happen as often as I'd like.
A few friends came over this past weekend and we made cupcakes to surprise a friend on her birthday. We encountered a few mishaps along the way but everything turned out edible! Yeah!

So there is just a glimpse at our lives outside of wedding planning!
I'll leave out all pictures of the the boring stuff - homework, our jobs, etc.. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your co-op :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete