Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 Months to Go!

We're getting married in 151 days!!

Plans seem to be falling into place the last few days which was pretty unexpected. I am a tad bit stressed due to the start of a new semester and a new area for my job but I'm pleased to announce that I have got a lot of planning done during the past two weeks. I completed my Winter Break To Do list and even went beyond what I thought I'd have time for.

Now to catch you all up on what has been going on:

Our cake topper is officially here! We had a problem with the one we ordered a few months back (they sent us Christmas ornaments instead!) but Ben reordered it last week and it arrived yesterday. It looks great, but it is a secret... sorry!

Invitations are looking AWESOME!

Here is a behind the scenes glance at the invitations.


The map (above) took me about 3 hours to create!

There are 5 invitation inserts in all and all of them are designed. 2 are already printed, cut and ready to go. We are hoping to get our wedding time line finalized this week so I can print the rest of the cards. I'm hoping to have the invitations done by the beginning of next month so I can cross this HUGE project off my list! The envelopes came in yesterday too! So I get to start addressing those this weekend. I'm getting sooo excited to send them out (in a couple months!)

Bridesmaid News! Over break my bridesmaids picked out their dresses and they are ordered. It was quite the eventful afternoon when four of my bridesmaids tried to pick out their dresses. David's Bridal was PACKED and nothing the girls tried on seemed to work for them. After a couple hours and a change from the original plans, everyone went home happy. Which is all I could really ask for. My Maid of Honor wasn't able to join us but she was able to order her dress a few days later.



Ashely, Lauren, Eryn/Alyssa, Raena

Photographer! We finally have one! We are booking them on Thursday. This took WAY longer than I thought but I'm so happy with our decision. We really tried to get this one company but they NEVER returned our calls. In the end we felt like if we couldn't depend on them to call us back how can we depend on them to be our photographer.

Tuxes! Ben picked out what kind of tuxes he wants his boys to wear. Now he has to register everyone at Men's Warehouse (where the guys get 10% off their tux and Ben gets his free!) and then they all have to get fitted.

I'm sure I am missing alot but that will get you caught up a bit. I went to a Bridal Show this past weekend and I believe we found a DJ, looking to next weekend. Also I found a florist I like but I need to make an appointment to meet with them and check on prices. Hoping to get that all done SOON!

Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. The invitations look super cute. I can't wait to get ours!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that map looks adorable!! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete